wxWidgets Samples and Tests
If I have to produce a GUI the wxWidgets library is my clear favorite.
It is not very easy to use but offers some undeniable advantages:
As I often forget very basic concepts and classes from the wxWidgets
world I have written a smal test program that runs on Windows and Linux/Ubuntu.
I use here - besides some GUI related classes - the following very useful
classes and test sequences:
- it is portable between Windows and Linux (and also Mac)
- can also be used outside GUI programming
- is available in source form and is maintained since years
For these classes and concepts you may find replacements in C++/STL. But
generally the wxWidgets classes are easier to use and offer additional benefits.
- wxMessageQueue : this is useful for communication between threads
- wxString with special interest in UTF-8 problems and
conversion to C standard strings
My test program uses a very simple GUI frame. Some tests output results however
on the console. The ZIP file contains the source and
make files to be used with GNU g++ under Windows and Linux/Ubuntu.
If you want to contact me: this is my